Elon defeats FDU-Florham 102-68Nov 21, 2009 - 2:55 AM ELON, N.C.(AP) -- Josh Bonney scored 23 points and dished out nine assists to lead Elon to a convincing 102-68 win over Fairleigh Dickinson-Florham on Friday night.
Drew Spradlin added 22 points and shot 3-for-7 from 3-point range for the Phoenix (2-2), and Devan Carter chipped in with 17 points and four steals.
Elon used a 12-4 run in the first half to take a 36-22 lead after a 3-pointer from Carter with 6:32 remaining. The Phoenix led 52-32 at the half.
A 12-1 run in the second half was capped by a layup by Chris Long with 5:19 left and put Elon up 95-57.
Adam Katz finished with 20 points to lead the Devils (0-3).
Elon shot 60.9 percent from the field (39-for-64). The Phoenix forced the Devils into 26 turnovers, including 16 steals. Elon also outrebounded FDU-Florham 29-24.
- Okafor's big night carries Duke over Elon Dec 15
- Duke gets back to work against Elon Dec 15
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- UMass continues winning ways, downs Elon Jan 18
- Minutemen meet Phoenix in non-league tussle Jan 18
- Duke routs Elon Dec 31
- Elon seeks upset of No. 7 Duke Dec 31
- Dinwiddie leads Colorado over Elon Dec 14
- No. 21 Colorado puts streak on the line against Elon Dec 13
- No. 1 Duke downs Elon to remain unbeaten Dec 20
- Top-ranked Duke puts lengthy streak on the line against Elon Dec 20
- No. 5 UNC routs Elon Dec 30