Texas Southern 57, Texas-San Antonio 79Nov 29, 2009 - 4:07 AM SAN ANTONIO, Texas (AP) -- Devin Gibson had 16 points, five rebounds, four steals and a block to lead four UTSA players in double figures as the Roadrunners defeated Texas Southern 79-57 Saturday night.
Melvin Johnson III came off the bench to contribute 13 points in 14 minutes for UTSA (5-1). Omar Johnson added 11 points and six assists, and Morris Smith IV had 10 points.
Travele Jones had 17 points and 10 rebounds to lead Texas Southern with a double-double. Junior Treasure added 16 points, and Onyekautukw Abiakam had eight points and 10 rebounds for the Tigers (3-4).
UTSA led 39-31 at the break before the Roadrunners exploded in the second half, improving their 36 percent first-half shooting to 50 percent in the second. They held Texas Southern to just 25 percent shooting in the closing period.
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15