Coastal Carolina tops Elon 69-46Nov 18, 2009 - 3:36 AM DURHAM, N.C.(AP) -- Joseph Harris had 23 points and 15 rebounds to lead Coastal Carolina past Elon 69-46 on Tuesday night in a consolation game at the NIT Season Tip-Off.
Mario Edwards added 20 points on 7-for-12 shooting and Sam McLaurin had 11 rebounds for the Chanticleers (2-1).
They shot 53.8 percent, held Elon to 28.3 percent shooting and bounced back from a blowout loss to Duke to claim one victory at the subregional held at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Josh Bonney and Drew Spradlin scored 11 points apiece for the Phoenix (1-2). They were just 3 of 18 from 3-point range, never led and only briefly cut Coastal Carolina's lead to single digits in the second half.
Harris was 11 for 17 from the field, and 14 of his rebounds came on the defensive glass. He helped the Chanticleers hold a 45-26 advantage on the boards.
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 69
ELON 46 FINAL
Nov 17 10:13 PM
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 36
ELON 25 HALFTIME
Nov 17 9:18 PM
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Okafor's big night carries Duke over Elon Dec 15
- Duke gets back to work against Elon Dec 15
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- UMass continues winning ways, downs Elon Jan 18