Coastal Carolina defeats Indiana State 77-62Nov 24, 2009 - 12:52 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ky.(AP) -- Joseph Harris scored 22 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Coastal Carolina past Indiana State 77-62 on Monday night.
The Chanticleers (4-1) led 34-33 at halftime, before opening the second half on an 18-6 run. Kierre Greenwood's layup capped the run for a 52-39 Coastal Carolina lead with 13:19 left in the NIT Season Tip-off.
The Chanticleers jumped out to a 17-12 lead, but the Sycamores (3-2) went on a 13-6 run to take a 25-23 lead with 3:59 left in the first half on a jump shot by Jordan Printy.
Coastal Carolina reclaimed the lead for good on a Logan Johnson 3-pointer with 2:15 left before halftime for a 30-28 advantage.
Greenwood finished with 17 points, and Mario Edwards and Chad Gray added 14 each for the Chanticleers, who start 4-1 for the first time since the 1993-94 season.
Dwayne Lathan scored 14 points for Indiana State.
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 77
INDIANA ST 62 FINAL
Nov 23 7:18 PM
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 34
INDIANA ST 33 HALFTIME
Nov 23 6:19 PM
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- Bohannon powers No. 20 Northern Iowa past Indiana State Jan 21