Wisconsin-Milwaukee cruises to 96-77 victoryNov 24, 2009 - 2:24 AM FORT WORTH, Texas(AP) -- Wisconsin-Milwaukee jumped out to a 16-0 lead to start the game and cruised to a 96-77 victory over Texas State in the consolation bracket of the NIT Season Tip-Off Monday night.
Randy Eayrs scored 28 points for the Panthers (3-2), with three of his 3-pointers coming in the game-opening 16-point stretch. Eayrs made 9 of 10 shots, including 6 of 7 from behind the 3-point line, for Wisconsin-Milwaukee, which led 50-24 at the half.
Deonte Roberts finished with 14 points - 12 free throws - while Ricky Franklin finished with 12 points and five assists for Wisconsin-Milwaukee, which connected on 52.1 percent of their shots from the field.
J.B. Conley led the Bobcats (1-4) with 17 points on 7-of-11 shooting while Ryan White had 14 and Uriel Segura 12.
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- Wisconsin rolls over Milwaukee Dec 10
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 10
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee banned from postseason Apr 9
- Strong second half sends Villanova past Milwaukee Mar 21
- East Regional action sets Wildcats against Panthers Mar 20
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Brust, Badgers take down Milwaukee Dec 11