Western Kentucky holds off CS-Northridge 68-67Nov 24, 2009 - 3:46 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ky.(AP) -- Anthony Sally hit one of two free throws with 4.7 seconds left in the game to help Western Kentucky defeat California State-Northridge 68-67 on Monday night.
The Hilltoppers (2-1) didn't take a lead in the second half until 1:08 left in the NIT Season Tip-Off, and were able to stave off a 3-pointer try by the Matadors' (1-3) Mark Hill at the buzzer.
Sergio Kerusch paced the Hilltoppers with 24 points and nine rebounds. A.J. Slaughter and Jeremy Evans added 13 points apiece, and Steffphon Pettigrew chipped in 10 points and nine rebounds
Kenny Daniels led California State-Northridge with 19 points.
The Matadors held a 33-3 advantage in bench points, but the Hilltoppers were able to score 26 points off 24 California State-Northridge turnovers. Western Kentucky only got nine shots and 33 minutes from its bench players.
- NCAA BB
CS NORTHRIDGE 67
WKU 68 FINAL
Nov 23 9:56 PM
- NCAA BB
CS NORTHRIDGE 36
WKU 34 HALFTIME
Nov 23 8:49 PM
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Theus takes over at Cal State Northridge Apr 3
- Braswell out as CSUN head basketball coach Mar 20
- Cal State Fullerton turns back Northridge 84-76 Mar 10
- Troy recovers to defeat Western Kentucky 54-48 Mar 8
- Western Kentucky rallies late for 65-64 victory Mar 7