Texas Christian defeats Colgate 76-63Nov 24, 2009 - 5:17 AM FORT WORTH, Texas(AP) -- Zvonko Buljan finished with 16 points and 13 rebounds as Texas Christian beat Colgate 76-63 in the consolation bracket of the NIT Season Tip-Off on Monday night.
Buljan's double-double was his third of the season. Ronnie Moss added 20 points and a career-high nine assists for the Horned Frogs (3-2).
Yaw Gyawu led the Raiders (0-3) with a career-high 25 points on 12-of-16 shooting while Kyle Roemer added 18 points.
TCU went into the break up 40-26 after shooting 50 percent in the first half. Colgate cut the deficit to eight on two occasions in the second half but could never get any closer.
The Horned Frogs jumped out to an early 19-2 advantage and led by as many as 19.
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- No. 9 Kansas squeaks past TCU Mar 12
- TCU faces tall task in Big 12 tourney tilt against Kansas Mar 12
- Morris, Niang power Iowa State past TCU Mar 8
- Cyclones battle Horned Frogs in regular-season finale Mar 7
- Sooners come back to beat TCU Feb 28
- TCU comes calling on No. 16 Oklahoma Feb 28
- Ellis, Jayhawks hold off TCU Feb 21
- Jayhawks host Horned Frogs in Big 12 brawl Feb 21
- TCU finishes strong, takes down No. 21 Oklahoma State Feb 14