Cal State-Northridge beats Coastal Carolina 76-69Nov 25, 2009 - 1:08 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ky.(AP) -- Willie Galick scored 26 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead California State-Northridge to a 76-69 victory over Coastal Carolina on Tuesday.
The Matadors (2-3) broke a 64-64 tie with 4:26 left in the second half, going on a 9-2 run in the next 3:10 to seal the win in the consolation bracket of the NIT Season Tip-Off.
Joseph Harris scored 20 points to pace the Chanticleers (4-2).
Both teams had trouble maintaining possession of the basketball, combining for 30 turnovers and 51 foul shots. The Matadors shot 50.9 percent from the floor, including 57.7 percent in the second half.
Neither team gained a larger lead than Coastal Carolinas 10-point margin with 1:41 left in the first half.
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 69
CS NORTHRIDGE 76 FINAL
Nov 24 7:21 PM
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 38
CS NORTHRIDGE 34 HALFTIME
Nov 24 6:16 PM
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16