Indiana State edges Western Kentucky 64-63Nov 25, 2009 - 4:05 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ky.(AP) -- Rashad Reed hit one of two free throws with .1 seconds left on the clock to give Indiana State a 64-63 win over Western Kentucky on Tuesday night.
The Sycamores (4-2) led by as many as 16 early in the second half, but the Hilltoppers (2-2) surged in the final 8 minutes of the consolation bracket game in the NIT Season Tip-Off.
Following two missed free throws by Dwayne Lathan, Jameson Tipping hit an up-and-down running 3-pointer to tie the game for Western Kentucky with .6 seconds left. Reed was fouled by the Hilltoppers' Jeremy Evans while going for a down court inbound pass, leading to the game-winning free throw.
Lathan paced the Sycamores with 15 points.
A.J. Slaughter led Western Kentucky with 20 points.
The loss comes one night after Anthony Sally hit one of two free throws with 3.7 seconds left to defeat California State-Northridge 68-67.
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- Bohannon powers No. 20 Northern Iowa past Indiana State Jan 21
- Sycamores challenge 20th-ranked Panthers in MVC melee Jan 21
- No. 23 Butler blows past Indiana State Dec 4
- Bulldogs hit road to tangle with Sycamores Dec 3
- Wichita State stays perfect in MVC final Mar 9