TCU pulls out 108-99 win over Texas State in 3 OTsNov 25, 2009 - 6:31 AM FORT WORTH, Texas(AP) -- Ronnie Moss had 18 points and 12 assists as TCU pulled out a 108-99 victory in triple overtime against Texas State on Tuesday night in the consolation bracket of the NIT Season Tip-Off.
Moss hit a game-tying 3-pointer with five seconds left in the second overtime after Texas State's John Rybak beat the buzzer with one of his own in the first OT.
The Horned Frogs (4-2) then went on to outscore the Bobcats (1-4) in the final period 12-3.
Five other TCU players had double-digit games. Edvinas Ruzgas scored 20, Garlon Green had 18, Zvonko Buljan 17, Kevin Butler 13 and Greg Hill 11. Butler also grabbed 12 rebounds.
Rybak had a game-high 30 points while teammates John Bowman and Cameron Johnson each had 17. J.B. Conley added 13 points and pulled in 10 rebounds.
The score was tied 13 times and the lead changed 27 times.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS STATE 99
TCU 108 FINAL IN 3RD OT
Nov 24 11:38 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS STATE 34
TCU 36 HALFTIME
Nov 24 9:49 PM
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- No. 9 Kansas squeaks past TCU Mar 12
- TCU faces tall task in Big 12 tourney tilt against Kansas Mar 12
- Morris, Niang power Iowa State past TCU Mar 8
- Cyclones battle Horned Frogs in regular-season finale Mar 7
- Sooners come back to beat TCU Feb 28
- TCU comes calling on No. 16 Oklahoma Feb 28
- Ellis, Jayhawks hold off TCU Feb 21
- Jayhawks host Horned Frogs in Big 12 brawl Feb 21
- TCU finishes strong, takes down No. 21 Oklahoma State Feb 14