Southern Utah routs Southwest 111-51Nov 20, 2009 - 4:53 AM CEDAR CITY, Utah(AP) -- Ryan Brimley came off the bench to score a game-high 16 points and six Southern Utah players were in double figures as the Thunderbirds routed Southwest 111-51 Thursday night.
Brimley played just 16 minutes. Matt Massey had 14 points, Jake Nielson had 13 and Jordan Weirick added 12 for the Thunderbirds (2-2). All 13 Southern Utah players scored, and the bench contributed 62 points, more than half the team's total.
Richie Lewis had 12 points to lead NAIA Southwest, and Aaron King added 11.
Southern Utah outshot the NAIA Mustangs 63 percent to 32 percent from the field and 86 percent to 39 percent from the free-throw line. Southwest was outrebounded 54-21.
The game started with a technical foul called on Southwest for dunking during warmup.
- NCAA BB
SOUTHERN UTAH 111 FINAL
Nov 19 10:38 PM
- Saint Mary's rolls over Southern Utah 92-36 Dec 17
- SDSU routs Southern Utah Dec 19
- Thunderbirds come calling on 24th-ranked Aztecs Dec 18
- No. 21 Gonzaga crushes Southern Utah Nov 10
- No. 21 Gonzaga opens season at home versus Southern Utah Nov 9
- UNLV cruises past Southern Utah Dec 19
- Baker hits 31 in finale, Southern Utah wins 70-67 Feb 28
- Oral Roberts beats Southern Utah 85-65 Feb 25
- IUPUI surge leads to 77-61 win over Southern Utah Feb 20
- Lander, Western Illinois drop Southern Utah 63-49 Feb 18
- Daniels leads IPFW to 72-65 win over Southern Utah Feb 14
- Oakland, Mich., dominates Southern Utah 85-72 Feb 11