Warren leads Ole Miss to 86-74 win over K-StateNov 21, 2009 - 4:28 AM SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico(AP) -- Chris Warren scored 27 points and Terrico White had 25 to help Mississippi beat Kansas State 86-74 Friday night in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off semifinals.
Eniel Polynice added 13 points and Murphy Holloway 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Rebels (4-0), who advanced to play No. 5 Villanova for the title on Sunday.
Ole Miss shot 63 percent from the field in the second half, quickly building on a 32-30 halftime lead. White's jumper with 8:58 remaining made it 63-53, and the Wildcats (3-1) never managed to get the lead back under 10 points.
Curtis Kelly had 18 points and 10 rebounds for Kansas State. Jacob Pullen and Denis Clemente added 17 points each, and freshman Wally Judge finished with 11 points.
Villanova beat No. 18 Dayton 71-65 in the tournament's other semifinal.
- Kansas State freshman Freeman transferring to Florida juco Apr 12
- Mississippi tries to hold off surging Mississippi State Mar 1
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury Feb 12
- Guard Stefan Moody lighting up SEC scoreboards for Ole Miss Jan 15
- New-look Wildcats have same lofty expectations this season Oct 28
- Kansas State at a glance Oct 28
- K-State's Foster dismissed from basketball program Mar 24
- Xavier handles Ole Miss Mar 19
- Xavier begins tournament against Ole Miss Mar 19
- Ole Miss surges back to beat BYU in Dayton Mar 18
- BYU and Ole Miss meet in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 17
- Iwundu, Kansas State upset No. 12 Iowa State Mar 1