New Mexico State defeats Pacific, 84-78Feb 21, 2010 - 5:47 AM STOCKTON, Calif.(AP)Jahmar Young scored 18 of his game-high 22 points in the second half to lead New Mexico State to an 84-78 victory over Pacific in a BracketBusters game Saturday night.
The Aggies scored 55 points in the second half on 63.0 percent shooting from the floor to recover from a four-point halftime deficit.
Trailing 43-37 early in the second half, New Mexico State moved ahead with a 10-2 run and soon followed that with a 14-3 spurt to take command.
Jonathan Gibson and Hernst Laroche made back-to-back-to-back 3-pointers to give the Aggies a 65-53 lead with 5:23 to play, and New Mexico State's lead never fell below four points the rest of the way.
Gibson scored 20 points for New Mexico State (17-9, 9-3 Western Athletic) and Troy Gillenwater had 18 points and a game-high 11 rebounds off the bench for the Aggies.
Demetrece Young scored a career-high 27 points to lead Pacific (17-9, 9-3 Big West), including seven 3-pointers.
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 84
PACIFIC 78 FINAL
Feb 21 12:04 AM
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 29
PACIFIC 33 HALFTIME
Feb 20 10:52 PM
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24