South Dakota routs NJIT 83-49Mar 8, 2010 - 4:15 AM VERMILLION, S.D.(AP) -- Steve Smith scored 21 points to lead South Dakota past NJIT 83-49 Sunday night.
Tyler Cain had 11 points and 14 rebounds for the Coyotes (20-9, 11-1), who clinched the Great West Conference regular-season championship Saturday night with a victory over Houston Baptist.
Roman Gentry added 16 points, Louie Krogman had 14 and Kendall Cutler 10 for South Dakota, which led 40-27 at halftime. The final margin of 34 points was the biggest lead of the game.
Chris Flores had 26 points to lead all scorers for the Highlanders (9-20, 4-8), and Jheryl Wilson scored 10 and contributed eight rebounds. The game was scheduled for last month, but it was postponed when NJIT was unable to get out of Newark due to a heavy snowstorm.
- NCAA BB
SOUTH DAKOTA 83 FINAL
Mar 7 10:53 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTH DAKOTA 40 HALFTIME
Mar 7 9:57 PM
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- South Dakota takes down Florida Gulf Coast 89-81 in OT Dec 28
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- South Dakota names James interim coach Sep 7
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16
- No. 25 KSU turns it on late, beats South Dakota Dec 31
- South Dakota comes calling on Kansas State Dec 31