NJIT knocks off North Dakota 91-73Mar 1, 2010 - 12:12 AM NEWARK, N.J.(AP) -- Jheryl Wilson scored 24 points and Isaiah Wilkerson added 21 to lead the New Jersey Institute of Technology to a 91-73 victory over North Dakota on Sunday.
Wilson hit five of NJIT's 11 3-pointers and the Highlanders (9-17, 4-5 Great West Conference) shot 51.9 percent from the field (28 of 54) to win for the first time in three games and split the season series.
NJIT pulled away with a 12-0 run early in the first half. Wilson hit two 3-pointers and P.J. Miller scored five points as the Highlanders turned a one-point lead into a 24-11 advantage with 13:18 left in the first half.
A 10-2 run, highlighted by Sammy Schickel's 3-pointer, gave NJIT a 37-22 lead with 5:35 remaining.
Miller and Chris Flores scored 13 and Schickel added 12 points for NJIT.
Travis Bledsoe scored 21, Jordan Allard 15, Travis Mertens 14 and Derek Benter 10 for North Dakota (8-20, 5-5).
- NCAA BB
NORTH DAKOTA 73
NJIT 91 FINAL
Feb 28 6:21 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH DAKOTA 26
NJIT 42 HALFTIME
Feb 28 5:10 PM
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30