Baylor routs Prairie View A&MNov 30, 2010 - 6:01 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - LaceDarius Dunn led all scorers with 20 points and Perry Jones III added 16 points and 13 rebounds, as 11th-ranked Baylor demolished Prairie View A&M, 90-45, at the Ferrell Center.
"I have to cut down on the turnovers," Dunn said. "It just feels good to be out there with the guys and doing the things we love to do. I think we did a great job of coming out and not underestimating the team, because they were a smart team, but just coming out hard and getting the win."
Quincy Acy chipped in with 13 points and Nolan Dennis had 10 for Baylor (5-0), which was coming off a 72-60 win over Lipscomb last Monday and has won 10 straight home games dating back to last season.
Trant Simpson ended with a team-high 10 points for Prairie View A&M (1-7), which has lost five straight since claiming its lone victory over Arlington Baptist on November 16. Brandon Webb and Aron Walker went for nine and eight points, respectively, in defeat.
Baylor led wire-to-wire in this one, scoring the first five points of the contest, then went ahead 26-7 after Dennis' layup finished off a 16-2 run near the midpoint of the first half.
Dunn's jumper started a string of 10 straight to close the half and the Bears were up by a healthy 47-15 score at the intermission.
"We tried to fight hard but we lost the scoring battle, that's what happens when you play the [11th] ranked team in the country," Prairie View A&M head coach Byron Rimm II said. "They have a great basketball team. Coach (Scott) Drew is doing a great job. I think some great things are going to come with the Baylor program."
The second half proved to be no contest for the hosts as Jones and Acy made back-to-back buckets at the outset and the lead swelled to 68-25 following A.J. Walton's layup with 12:00 left.
Baylor improved to 11-0 all-time against Prairie View A&M...Walton ended with nine points, six assists and five rebounds for the Bears, who shot 50 percent from the field...Prairie View A&M made only 25.4 percent of its shots.
- PRAIRIE VIEW A&M: 45
Nov 29 10:01 PM
- PRAIRIE VIEW A&M: 15
Nov 29 8:55 PM
- PRAIRIE VIEW A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 29 8:09 PM
- King's heart: Baylor freshman playing with defibrillator Mar 15
- Prairie View coach Rimm resigns with Panthers 1-18 Jan 27
- Baylor hopes to be motivated by lasting NCAA tourney image Oct 28
- Baylor at a glance Oct 28
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- No. 9 Kansas tops No. 16 Baylor to reach Big 12 title game Mar 14
- Baylor and Kansas meet in Big 12 Tournament semifinals Mar 13
- Baylor tops West Virginia in Big 12 tourney Mar 12
- Mountaineers challenge Bears in Big 12 Tournament action Mar 12
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7
- Texas Tech and Baylor meet in regular-season finale Mar 6