Texas A&M holds on to upset No. 21 WashingtonDec 12, 2010 - 12:46 AM College Station, TX (Sports Network) - Khris Middleton had 17 points and Isaiah Thomas missed a three-pointer in the dying moments as Texas A&M took a 63-62 win over 21st-ranked Washington in the Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series.
David Loubeau had 15 points and nine rebounds while Nathan Walkup added 10 points and seven boards for the Aggies (9-1), who notched their 70th consecutive regular season, non-conference home win.
Thomas finished with 13 points while Abdul Gaddy added 10 points for the Huskies (6-3), who had won three straight coming into the contest.
The Aggies scored the first six points of the second half to go ahead and the score remained close over the next several minutes.
After consecutive three-balls from C.J. Wilcox and Darnell Gant gave the Huskies a 47-46 lead, Kourtney Roberson put in a layup to start a 9-0 run for the Aggies with Middleton capping the run with a pair of free throws for a 55-47 advantage with 8 1/2 minutes to play.
Texas A&M built the lead to 10 points when B.J. Holmes nailed a jumper for a 61-51 advantage with under six minutes to play.
However, Washington responded with an 11-1 run and cut its deficit to one- point on a pair of Gaddy free throws with 1 1/2 minutes to play.
Middleton then missed a three-pointer, but Scott Suggs failed on a layup. Wilcox came down with the offensive board, but then missed a three-pointer of his own.
Nathan Walkup turned the ball over with seconds to play as Thomas stole the ball, but Thomas' three-pointer was blocked by Loubeau and the buzzer sounded as Loubeau came down with the ball for the win.
Texas A&M held a 16-10 lead just under seven minutes in when Roberson notched a three-point play on a layup and free throw.
The next three minutes went scoreless, but Washington got a three-ball from Venoy Overton then jumpers from Gaddy and Terrence Ross to go back in front.
The Aggies were still leading by two after Ray Turner hit a free throw for a 29-27 lead with under two minutes to play, but Thomas hit a pair of free throws and Wilcox buried a three-ball to give the Huskies a 32-29 lead going into the break.
Texas A&M has won four of the six games against Washington...The Aggies shot 41.1 percent, but missed all eight of their three-point attempts...Washington shot 37.7 percent and made all 16 of its free throw attempts, including 8- for-8 from Thomas.
- WASHINGTON: 62
TEXAS A&M: 63
Dec 11 6:44 PM
- WASHINGTON: 32
TEXAS A&M: 29
Dec 11 5:27 PM
- WASHINGTON: 0
TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 11 4:37 PM
- No chance for a wild comeback for Aggies in 77-63 loss to OU Mar 25
- Hield, Sooners face former Big 12 foes Aggies in Sweet 16 Mar 24
- Washington's Murray, Chriss declare for NBA draft Mar 23
- House leading the party at Texas A&M into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Texas A&M announces new 5-year deal for coach Billy Kennedy Mar 12
- Why Washington? ACC flexes muscles in big basketball market Mar 8
- Syracuse basketball rallies for ailing Dwayne Washington Mar 1
- Romar reprimanded by Pac-12 for comments after Huskies loss Feb 26
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25