Loubeau, Aggies defeat SeahawksDec 22, 2010 - 8:03 AM College Station, TX (Sports Network) - David Loubeau totaled 16 points to lead 25th-ranked Texas A&M to an 86-51 win over Wagner at Reed Arena.
B.J. Holmes had 12 points, Nathan Walkup added 10 points and 11 boards while Kourtney Roberson donated 10 points and five rebounds for the Aggies (11-1), who have won eight straight.
"I was pleased. I thought we played well except for the turnovers," Aggies head coach Mark Turgeon said. "I thought we defended pretty well and concentrated pretty well. We shared the ball in the second half. These games are scary going into Christmas, it's hard to keep their attention. The guys did a good job tonight."
Chris Martin had a game-high 17 points for the Seahawks (4-7), who have dropped their past four games. Latif Rivers totaled 13 points in the loss.
Martin followed a three-pointer with a three-point play on a layup and a free throw to give Wagner the early 11-9 lead.
A bit later, though, Texas A&M ripped off 13 straight points with consecutive buckets from David Loubeau making it a 24-13 game with just over nine minutes to play in the first half.
The Aggies got the final seven points of the opening 20 minutes to take a 40-20 lead into the locker room.
Texas A&M continued to build on its lead in the second half as the Seahawks never seriously threatened in the second half.
"Those guys are really good," Wagner head coach Dan Hurley said. "The best team that we've played physically, well coached, and their guards complement each other well. We've played St. John's, who's a middle of the road Big East team, and that's by far the best team we've played."
The Aggies host McNeese State on New Year's Eve...Wagner plays next Thursday when it will host Albany...This was the first meeting between these schools...Texas A&M made 60 percent of its shots while Wagner connected on 40.9 percent in the second half.
- WAGNER: 51
TEXAS A&M: 86
Dec 21 9:55 PM
- WAGNER: 20
TEXAS A&M: 40
Dec 21 8:48 PM
- WAGNER: 0
TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 21 8:05 PM
- No chance for a wild comeback for Aggies in 77-63 loss to OU Mar 25
- Hield, Sooners face former Big 12 foes Aggies in Sweet 16 Mar 24
- House leading the party at Texas A&M into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Texas A&M announces new 5-year deal for coach Billy Kennedy Mar 12
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Texas A&M rolling toward NCAA tourney after 4-year absence Jan 20
- Washington's Scott Woodward named AD at Texas A&M Jan 8
- Texas A&M athletic director Hyman steps down after 4 years Jan 5