Washington handles Long Beach StateDec 1, 2010 - 6:24 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - C.J. Wilcox scored 20 points, including six three-pointers and Isaiah Thomas added 19 points, six assists and six rebounds as 23rd-ranked Washington returned to the states with a resounding 102-75 victory over Long Beach State.
Washington (4-2) had not played since November 24th in Maui, but snapped a two-game skid with seven players reaching double figures. Abdul Gaddy totaled 17 points, Matt Brayn-Amaning donated 14 points, Justin Holiday added 11 points and Darnell Gant joined Venoy Overton with 10 points apiece.
Casper Ware led Long Beach State (3-4) with 18 points, while T.J. Robinson notched a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Greg Plater donated 13 points for the 49ers, who have dropped two games in a row.
The Huskies raced out to a 10-2 edge through the game's first four minutes, and Overton's trey about six minutes later opened a 24-8 edge nearly halfway through the opening half.
Long Beach State cut the deficit to 28-20 on Ware's trey with just over five minutes left in the half, but a 12-3 spurt opened the margin to 40-23 on Bryan-Amaning's mid-range jumper.
The Huskies took a 44-28 advantage into the locker room and grew the margin to 20 points at 55-35 on Holiday's steal and subsequent layup just over three minutes in. The margin didn't surpass that gap until Gaddy's pull-up jumper with just under 10 minutes to play made the score 74-53.
Overton's two foul shots with just under six minutes on the clock made it a 30-point game, 90-60, and the rout was on over the final five-plus minutes.
Washington has won the only two meetings between the programs...Long Beach State already has a victory over a power-conference school, downing Iowa, 78-72, on November 22...Washington shot 61.2 percent from the floor, while Long Beach State made 42.6 percent of its shots...The Huskies made a staggering 14 three-pointers in the contest.
- Washington's Murray, Chriss declare for NBA draft Mar 23
- Why Washington? ACC flexes muscles in big basketball market Mar 8
- Syracuse basketball rallies for ailing Dwayne Washington Mar 1
- Romar reprimanded by Pac-12 for comments after Huskies loss Feb 26
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out Feb 9
- Andrews putting together star season for surprising Huskies Feb 2
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- It's early but Washington the only undefeated team in Pac-12 Jan 13
- Washington's Scott Woodward named AD at Texas A&M Jan 8
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62 Nov 28
- Washington holds off Texas 77-71 in historic game in China Nov 14