Purdue breezes past North FloridaDec 12, 2010 - 2:44 AM West Lafayette, IN (Sports Network) - JaJuan Johnson scored a game-best 25 points as No. 19 Purdue had an easy time with North Florida, 77-57, in the first-ever meeting between the schools at Mackey Arena.
E'Twaun Moore added 21 points for the Boilermakers (9-1), who have reeled off four straight wins since their lone loss to Richmond.
Jerron Granberry scored 14 points for the Ospreys (4-5), who have lost two in a row since winning three straight. Brad Haugabrook contributed 12 with four assists in a losing cause.
A Matt Sauey deuce tied the score at 4-4 early on, but Purdue assumed control for good with a 16-4 burst. Johnson hit two jumpers and Moore drained two three-pointers to get the run started, and Moore ended the clip on a shot less than six minutes in for a 20-8 contest.
Moore continued his hot hand with another trey and Ryne Smith also connected from long distance to put Purdue up 32-14 with eight minutes left in the half. Terone Johnson contributed two points with 1:22 on the clock and the home team led 41-21 at the break.
Moore finished off a three-point play and it was 57-31 with 12:20 left in the contest and North Florida's collective backs were broken.
The visitors were only able to get within 66-51, on a Charles McRoy jumper with 5;13 showing, then a Johnson jumper re-established a 20-point Boilermakers edge with 2:11 to play and Purdue cruised home.
Purdue owned a 35-23 edge on the glass...The Boilermakers went 6-of-15 from long distance while the Ospreys made just 2-of-11...Purdue's Lewis Jackson led all players with eight assists.
- NORTH FLORIDA: 57
Dec 11 8:37 PM
- NORTH FLORIDA: 21
Dec 11 7:23 PM
- NORTH FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 11 6:37 PM
- Former Michigan guard formally joins Purdue program May 17
- Purdue's Edwards declares for NBA draft without agent Apr 5
- Purdue's Kendall Stephens plans to explore transferring Mar 31
- Boilermakers forward Caleb Swanigan plans to test NBA draft Mar 22
- One-hit wonder? Little Rock hopes to keep turnaround going Mar 16
- Hammons' turnaround helps put Purdue back on national map Mar 15
- Purdue's Swanigan out vs. Minnesota with ankle injury Jan 27
- IPFW coasts past Purdue North Central 126-95 Jan 2
- NCAA rules Purdue freshman Caleb Swanigan is eligible Oct 30
- Purdue at a glance Oct 27
- Boilermakers looking for big basketball results in 2015-16 Oct 27
- Cincinnati edges Purdue in OT thriller Mar 20