Kansas State rolls over North FloridaDec 31, 2010 - 11:43 PM Manhattan, KS (Sports Network) - Jamar Samuels totaled 26 points to lead 17th- ranked Kansas State to a 100-76 win over North Florida at Fred Bramlage Coliseum.
Wally Judge notched 22 points and nine rebounds while Victor Ojeleye and Juevol Myles each added 12 for the Wildcats (11-3), who have won their past two games.
"I don't think it was necessarily easy," said Judge. "These last couple of days without school it has just been us, we have been gelling and working together just trying to be consistent."
Parker Smith had 25 points for the Ospreys (4-9), who have dropped six straight. Jimmy Williams Jr. added 15 points in the loss.
"I was thinking about upsetting the No. 17-ranked team in the country on their home court from when back when I was at Baylor," said North Florida head coach Matthew Driscoll, who spent several years as an assistant head coach at Baylor. "I was going to tell you that it is good to be back in Manhattan. They had 57 at halftime and I said 'Good Lord, they could have beaten New York instead of Kansas.'"
Kansas State led the game from start to finish as the team scored the first five points of the game and 11 of the first 14 with Samuels completing a three-point play for an 11-3 lead less than two minutes in.
The lead increased to 14 points on a Samuels three-pointer for a 24-10 lead just under five minutes into the contest.
Six straight points from the Ospreys got the team to within eight as Williams made two from the line with under 10 minutes to play to make it a 33-25 game.
Kansas State, though, responded with the next six points and scored the final five of the first half to take a 57-41 lead into the break.
The Wildcats built their lead to 25 when Jordan Henriquez-Roberts made two from the line for a 69-44 advantage a bit less than five minutes in.
The closest the Ospreys got down the stretch was 17 points as Kansas State led by as many as 28 points.
Kansas State hosts Savannah State on Monday...North Florida plays at Campbell on Wednesday...This was the first meeting between these schools...Kansas State shot 57.4 percent while North Florida made 49 percent of its attempts.
- NORTH FLORIDA: 76
KANSAS STATE: 100
Dec 31 4:09 PM
- NORTH FLORIDA: 41
KANSAS STATE: 57
Dec 31 3:02 PM
- NORTH FLORIDA: 0
KANSAS STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 31 2:10 PM
- Kansas State freshman Freeman transferring to Florida juco Apr 12
- New-look Wildcats have same lofty expectations this season Oct 28
- Kansas State at a glance Oct 28
- K-State's Foster dismissed from basketball program Mar 24
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Iwundu, Kansas State upset No. 12 Iowa State Mar 1
- Wildcats play host to 12th-ranked Cyclones Feb 28
- K-State AD offers apology after court storming Feb 24
- K-State topples No. 8 Kansas Feb 24
- Sunflower State showdown pits Jayhawks against Wildcats Feb 23