Kentucky pounds PortlandNov 20, 2010 - 6:18 AM Portland, OR (Sports Network) - Brandon Knight scored 21 points to lead 12th- ranked Kentucky in a 79-48 rout of Portland at the Rose Garden.
Darius Miller made 6-of-7 shots and finished with 15 points for the Wildcats (2-0), who began the season with last Friday's win over East Tennessee State. Kentucky shot 54.9 percent in the victory.
Eric Waterford had 12 points to pace Portland (3-1), which began the season with three double-digit wins.
Kentucky opened the game with a 15-0 run, which Miller ended with seven consecutive points. The Wildcats' lead dipped into single digits twice from there, but they were ahead by as many as 18 before taking a 38-24 advantage into the break.
Kentucky then made 13-of-25 shots in the second half in cruising to the finish.
Doron Lamb and Terrence Jones added 13 and 12 points, respectively, for Kentucky. Josh Harrellson pulled down 12 rebounds...Luke Sikma had 12 boards for Portland...The Wildcats next travel to Hawaii for the Maui Invitational. They play Oklahoma on Monday in their first contest.
- KENTUCKY: 79
Nov 20 12:34 AM
- KENTUCKY: 38
Nov 19 11:26 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 19 10:41 PM
- Kentucky reserve G/F Charles Matthews requests transfer May 18
- Calipari plans to coach Kentucky 'the rest of my career' May 16
- Calipari: Defense, size will be Kentucky's initial strengths May 11
- Terry Porter introduced as new Portland Pilots coach Apr 5
- Kentucky's Skal Labissiere announces plan to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Portland Pilots hire Terry Porter as basketball coach Apr 2
- Kentucky guard Jamal Murray says he will enter NBA draft Apr 1
- Calipari: All eligible Kentucky players to enter NBA draft Mar 23
- Kentucky's up-and-down season ends with early tourney exit Mar 20
- Indiana tops Kentucky 73-67 for Sweet 16 berth Mar 19
- Kentucky falters, loses to Indiana 73-67 Mar 19
- Kentucky and Indiana square off for first time in 4 years Mar 18