Moore leads Purdue's rout of Southern IllinoisNov 27, 2010 - 5:43 AM Hoffman Estates, IL (Sports Network) - E'Twaun Moore finished with 31 points and nine rebounds to lead 10th-ranked Purdue's 79-60 rout of Southern Illinois in Chicago Invitational Challenge play.
JaJuan Johnson added 18 points for the Boilermakers (5-0), who will take on Richmond on Saturday.
Justin Bocot paced the Salukis (2-3) with 17 points and John Freeman added 15, but SIU turned the ball over 25 times and was limited to 39 shots in the loss.
The Salukis face Wright State on Saturday.
SIU actually held a small lead for much of the first half, and took a 26-21 edge on Freeman's free throws with 5:04 to play. But Purdue closed the half on a 15-2 run to take control.
Moore's three-pointer with 18 seconds left capped the rally, and the Boilermakers took a 36-28 advantage to the break.
Purdue led throughout the second half, but couldn't run away from the Salukis until the final eight-plus minutes.
After Bocot dropped in a layup to make it a 57-47 game, Purdue went on an 11-1 burst. Moore's three-point play with 6:22 left closed the run and gave the Boilermakers a 68-48 advantage, and they cruised the rest of the way.
Carlton Fay scored 10 for SIU...Purdue made 24-of-30 free throws...Kelsey Barlow accounted for all seven of the Boilermakers' bench points...Purdue made 25 shots but had only eight assists.
- SOUTHERN ILLINOIS: 60
Nov 26 10:41 PM
- SOUTHERN ILLINOIS: 28
Nov 26 9:30 PM
- SOUTHERN ILLINOIS: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 26 8:37 PM
- Former Michigan guard formally joins Purdue program May 17
- Purdue's Edwards declares for NBA draft without agent Apr 5
- Purdue's Kendall Stephens plans to explore transferring Mar 31
- Boilermakers forward Caleb Swanigan plans to test NBA draft Mar 22
- One-hit wonder? Little Rock hopes to keep turnaround going Mar 16
- Hammons' turnaround helps put Purdue back on national map Mar 15
- Purdue's Swanigan out vs. Minnesota with ankle injury Jan 27
- IPFW coasts past Purdue North Central 126-95 Jan 2
- NCAA rules Purdue freshman Caleb Swanigan is eligible Oct 30
- Purdue at a glance Oct 27
- Boilermakers looking for big basketball results in 2015-16 Oct 27
- Cincinnati edges Purdue in OT thriller Mar 20