Buckeyes roll to 60-point win over UT-MartinDec 28, 2010 - 4:38 AM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - William Buford scored 23 points and second- ranked Ohio State remained unbeaten by rolling to a 100-40 win over Tennessee- Martin.
Jared Sullinger added 18 points and 11 rebounds for the Buckeyes (13-0), who also received 20 points from Deshaun Thomas and 10 apiece from David Lighty and Dallas Lauderdale.
"I think first of all we had great intensity," Ohio State head coach Thad Matta said. "Defensively we had good energy and we continued to move the basketball. I think these guys have continued to get better."
Reuben Clayton led the way with 13 points for the Skyhawks (4-9), who shot a paltry 27 percent from the field.
Buford accounted for the game's first seven points, part of a 12-0 run for the Buckeyes. Sullinger had the final five points of the burst, finishing it with a slam. Lauderdale's dunk expanded the lead to a dominating 31-5 midway through the half, and the Buckeyes carried a 49-17 margin into the break.
Buford's three-ball made it 61-17, and Lauderdale's jam provided a 50-point difference at 67-17 five minutes into the second half.
Ohio State continued to roll and improved to 13-0 all-time against teams representing the Ohio Valley Conference.
"I thought we'd come out and compete a little better. I don't think you ever expect to get beat by 60, but I thought we'd go out and compete a little better," Tennessee-Martin head coach Jason James said. "I knew we wouldn't be able to rebound over them, but I didn't think we'd get beat that badly."
Ohio State's Jon Diebler went 2-of-3 from beyond the arc. He has 299 career three-pointers, tied with Dee Brown of Illinois for sixth-most in Big Ten history...The Buckeyes have won 13 in a row at home...Ohio State moved to 133-23 at Value City Arena, improving to 79-5 vs. non-conference opponents...This was the ninth largest margin of victory in Buckeyes history...Ohio State ended 58.6 percent from the field.
- UT MARTIN: 40
OHIO STATE: 100
Dec 27 10:16 PM
- UT MARTIN: 17
OHIO STATE: 49
Dec 27 9:17 PM
- UT MARTIN: 0
OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 27 8:37 PM
- 3 freshman leave Ohio State basketball team Mar 30
- Ohio State F Jae'Sean Tate headed for season-ending surgery Feb 23
- Ohio State, Nike agree on $252M sponsorship extension Jan 15
- Saint Bonaventure beats Ohio 81-68 Dec 5
- Ohio State Preview Capsule Oct 27
- 'Lots of unknowns' for Ohio State team full of young players Oct 27
- Ohio State's Russell says he's going pro Apr 22
- McConnell guides Arizona past Russell, Ohio State Mar 21
- Ohio State and Arizona square off in West Regional action Mar 21
- Russell leads Buckeyes over VCU Mar 19
- Rams butt heads with Buckeyes in West Region Mar 19
- Kaminsky, Wisconsin crush Ohio State Mar 9