BYU rolls to easy win over TCUJan 19, 2011 - 6:37 AM Provo, UT (Sports Network) - Jimmer Fredette kept stockpiling points, scoring 21 and dishing out five assists, as the ninth-ranked BYU Cougars kept rolling with an 83-67 victory over TCU.
Jackson Emery added 17 points, Noah Hartstock donated 14 points and nine rebounds, and Brandon Davies added 13 points and nine rebounds for the Cougars (18-1, 4-0 Mountain West), who rolled to their eighth straight victory.
Ronnie Moss poured in a game-best 27 points with six rebounds and Garlon Green added 10 points, while Hank Thorns posted seven points, seven rebounds and 10 assists for the Horned Frogs (10-10, 1-4).
"We just wanted our team to play better tonight and we played hard," said TCU head coach Jim Christian. "We had some opportunities we missed that you have to make in order to beat them."
BYU looked sharp right off the opening tip, jumping to a 10-2 edge on Davies' jumper. The Cougars rattled off 12 consecutive points moments later with Fredette scoring the final eight of them capped by his trey for a 25-7 lead.
"You can't script it but our guys shared the ball, played hard, executed our game plan early and we were able to get a nice lead," said BYU head coach Dave Rose.
The Cougars held a 47-30 lead at the half then Emery dialed up a three-pointer for a 20-point cushion. The scrappy Horned Frogs sliced the deficit nearly in half to 55-43 on Moss' three with just under 14 1/2 minutes to play, but that was a close as the visitors got, as two Fredette free throws extended the advantage to 76-57 with just under 5 1/2 minutes to play. The Cougars cruised to victory from there.
BYU made 49.1 percent of its shots and a solid 21-of-26 from the charity stripe...Moss was 10-of-17 from the floor while the rest of the Horned Frogs made only 15-of-47 shots (31.9 percent)...Kyle Collinsworth donated 10 points and nine rebounds for the victors...BYU holds a 17-3 edge in the all-time series.
- TEXAS CHRISTIAN: 67
Jan 18 11:49 PM
- TEXAS CHRISTIAN: 30
Jan 18 10:43 PM
- TEXAS CHRISTIAN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 18 10:03 PM
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- BYU freshman phenom Emery having record-setting season Feb 26
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- BYU guard Nick Emery suspended 1 game for punching opponent Dec 3
- BYU's Kyle Collinsworth relishes Mr. Triple-Double title Dec 3
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Ole Miss surges back to beat BYU in Dayton Mar 18
- BYU and Ole Miss meet in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 17