Fredette, BYU cruises past TCUFeb 20, 2011 - 4:35 AM Fort Worth, TX (Sports Network) - Jimmer Fredette had 23 points to lead seventh-ranked BYU to a 79-56 victory over TCU at Daniel-Meyer Coliseum.
Stephen Rogers had 15 points while Brandon Davies added 11 points and six rebounds for the Cougars (25-2, 11-1 MWC), who have won their past five games. Jackson Emery added 11 points in the win.
"I thought that we got a lot of help from a lot of guys," said BYU head coach Dave Rose. "The guys played well. We got off to a great start. It was an aggressive game from start to finish. It was a really good win."
J.R. Cadot had 17 points and nine rebounds for the Horned Frogs (10-18, 1-12), who have now dropped 10 straight. Garlon Green added 10 points in the loss.
"I thought we played hard," said TCU head coach Jim Christian. "Our biggest problem is we're really struggling to shoot the ball. We're playing BYU, and if you told me before the game we're only going to turn the ball over eight times and we're going to get 65 shots, I would have taken it. But if you're going to shoot 30 percent, you're not beating BYU."
The Cougars led the game from start to finish as the team started out scoring the first seven points capped on Emery's jumper just under two minutes in.
Fredette's three-pointer later in the half extended the lead to 20-10 and an 11-0 run toward the end of the first half helped BYU take a 45-28 lead into the break.
It never got closer than 15 in the second half as BYU led by as much as 23 in the final 20 minutes to cruise to the finish.
BYU hosts Colorado State on Wednesday...TCU plays at Utah on Tuesday...BYU has won 18 of the 21 matchups with TCU...BYU shot 45.8 percent while TCU hit just 36.9 percent of its shots.
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- BYU freshman phenom Emery having record-setting season Feb 26
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- BYU guard Nick Emery suspended 1 game for punching opponent Dec 3
- BYU's Kyle Collinsworth relishes Mr. Triple-Double title Dec 3
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Ole Miss surges back to beat BYU in Dayton Mar 18
- BYU and Ole Miss meet in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 17