Williams keeps Arizona rolling with win over CougarsFeb 18, 2011 - 3:43 AM Tucson, AZ (Sports Network) - Derrick Williams scored 26 points and grabbed eight rebounds, guiding No. 12 Arizona to a 79-70 win over Washington State.
Williams shot 7-of-10 from the field and made all 12 of his free throws for the Wildcats (22-4, 11-2 Pac-10), who have won seven in a row and improved to 14-0 at home this season. Solomon Hill added 12 points for the victors.
Klay Thompson posted 30 points to carry the inconsistent Cougars (17-9, 7-7), a club that has alternated wins and losses over the past eight games.
- WASHINGTON STATE: 70
Feb 17 10:37 PM
- WASHINGTON STATE: 33
Feb 17 9:23 PM
- WASHINGTON STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 17 8:38 PM
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- Freshman Trier to miss up to 6 weeks for No. 7 Arizona Jan 10
- Arizona's Trier coming on strong after talk from Miller Dec 12