Fredette goes for 42 as BYU tops Colorado StateJan 23, 2011 - 5:35 AM Fort Collins, CO (Sports Network) - Jimmer Fredette scored 42 points to power ninth-ranked BYU to a 94-85 victory over Colorado State at Moby Arena.
Fredette made 11-of-24 shots, including 4-of-9 from three-point range, and converted 16-of-17 free throws.
Jackson Emery and Kyle Collinsworth both logged 16 points for the Cougars (19-1, 5-0 MWC), who have won nine games in a row. Collinsworth also dished out six assists and grabbed as many rebounds.
Wes Eikmeier had 25 points to pace the Rams (13-6, 3-2), who were denied their third straight win. Travis Franklin contributed 21 points, while Andy Ogide notched a double-double with 18 points and 10 boards in defeat.
Colorado State trailed 70-54 after Brandon Davies converted his own miss for BYU, but the Rams countered with a 9-1 surge to pull within 71-63 on Eikmeier's three-pointer with just over nine minutes remaining in regulation.
Dwight Smith's three-pointer trimmed Colorado State's deficit to six, but Fredette answered with a trey of his own. Moments later, the Rams closed to within 78-73, only to have Fredette respond with a layup.
Emery drained a three-pointer to push the lead to 86-74 with 3 1/2 minutes left.
"It was a great win," BYU head coach Dave Rose said. "Colorado State just kept coming back and coming back. In the second half they were hard to stop."
BYU jumped out to a 23-11 lead, but the Rams came back with eight straight points. Fredette's three-pointer put the Cougars up 55-40 at halftime.
Davies had 12 points and nine rebounds...BYU shot 50 percent from the field, while Colorado State made 48 percent of its shots.
- BYU: 94
COLORADO STATE: 85
Jan 22 11:09 PM
- BYU: 55
COLORADO STATE: 40
Jan 22 9:50 PM
- BYU: 0
COLORADO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 22 9:03 PM
- BYU freshman phenom Emery having record-setting season Feb 26
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- BYU guard Nick Emery suspended 1 game for punching opponent Dec 3
- BYU's Kyle Collinsworth relishes Mr. Triple-Double title Dec 3
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Ole Miss surges back to beat BYU in Dayton Mar 18
- BYU and Ole Miss meet in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 17
- No. 7 Gonzaga beats BYU to win 14th WCC title Mar 11
- Bulldogs and Cougars collide in WCC title game Mar 10