UNC tops Boston College in ACC actionFeb 2, 2011 - 5:07 AM North Carolina routed Boston College, 106-74, at Conte Forum.
Tyler Zeller posted 18 points, six boards and three steals for the Tar Heels (16-5, 6-1 ACC), who have won four in a row and nine of 10 overall. Reggie Bullock added 16 points and John Henson contributed 13 and seven rebounds for the victors.
Joe Trapani poured in 25 points with a game-best 15 rebounds for the Eagles (14-8, 4-4), who have lost three in a row and four of five. Corey Raji scored 16 and Biko Paris had 11 with four assists in defeat.
BC led 18-13 early, but North Carolina assumed control of the contest for good with a 23-4 run thereafter. Bullock kicked off the burst with consecutive triples, then added another later in the clip and Henson ended it with a slam for a 35-22 UNC advantage with 6:21 left before the half.
UNC took a 49-35 edge to the break thanks to Bullock's 14 points and a triple by Barnes.
Henson's three-point play pushed the Tar Heels' edge to 20 for the first time at 60-40, and the visitors kept their foot on the accelerator. Zeller hit two from the line and it was 74-51 with 11:49 to play, and Kendall Marshall's make from beyond the arc made it 86-61 just over four minutes later.
A Leslie McDonald jumper pushed UNC over the century mark with 1:56 to play.
UNC has won seven of the 12 meetings with BC...McDonald finished with nine points and Marshall added seven points with six assists...BC shot 35.3 percent from the floor.
- NORTH CAROLINA: 106
BOSTON COLLEGE: 74
Feb 1 10:54 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA: 49
BOSTON COLLEGE: 35
Feb 1 9:45 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA: 0
BOSTON COLLEGE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 1 9:06 PM
- Justin Jackson withdraws from draft, will return to UNC May 16
- UNC's Meeks back for senior year after NBA draft flirtation May 4
- UNC: Jackson, Meeks declare for NBA but not hiring agent Apr 22
- Attorney: NCAA also deserves blame in UNC fraud scandal Apr 19
- UNC's Williams aims to coach Tar Heels another 5-9 years Apr 12
- UNC reserve Kenny Williams III recovering from knee surgery Apr 7
- Tar Heels begin moving forward after falling short of title Apr 5
- UNC's Berry on crutches with foot injury after Final Four Apr 5
- Williams and Tar Heels stunned by last-second loss to 'Nova Apr 5
- UNC, Syracuse vastly different but familiar Final Four foes Apr 2
- Double-digit not Cinderella for Syracuse; UNC last No. 1 Mar 31
- Paige's shot returns in time for Tar Heels' Final Four run Mar 29