Boynton, No. 13 Florida top GeorgiaFeb 25, 2011 - 2:31 AM
Chandler Parsons donated 16 points and seven rebounds off the bench while Erving Walker added 15 points for the Gators (22-5, 11-2 SEC), who have won six straight.
Travis Leslie had 20 points and six rebounds and Trey Thompkins added 16 points and seven boards for the Bulldogs (18-9, 7-6), who have dropped two of three.
Florida held a 10-point lead with five minutes to play after Alex Tyus put in a layup, but the Bulldogs continued to fight and got the next six points on a Leslie layup and a layup and two free throws from Thompkins, with the free throws coming with 3 1/2 minutes to play to make it a 63-59 game.
Parsons missed two free throws on the next touch, but Thompkins did the same at his end and Parsons made amends on a layup with just over two minutes to play.
After Dustin Ware missed on a three-ball, Vernon Macklin drained his two from the line for an eight-point lead.
A three-point play from Leslie with a minute to play got the score back to six, but that was the last points Georgia scored as Florida held on for the win.
Georgia led by as many as 11 points in the first half, but Florida used a 6-2 run in the closing minutes to cut its deficit to 33-26 after 20 minutes.
The Gators used an 8-0 run in the second half to take the lead for good as Parsons' three-ball gave the team a 47-42 advantage with just over 12 minutes to play.
Florida holds a 105-96 advantage in the series thanks to wins in 14 of the last 16 contests...Florida plays at Kentucky on Saturday...Georgia hosts South Carolina on Saturday...Georgia hit 50 percent of its shots, but turned the ball over 13 times...Florida made 45.5 percent of its attempts.
- GEORGIA: 62
Feb 24 8:53 PM
- GEORGIA: 33
Feb 24 7:41 PM
- GEORGIA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 24 7:03 PM
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt May 23
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Georgia signs forward Diatta as transfer from Southern Idaho Apr 20
- McGarity believes Georgia program still growing with Fox Mar 30
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- J.J. Frazier keeps believing, keeps shooting for Georgia Mar 4