111 - 102 Final - OT
  for this game

Clark's three-point success lifts Hoyas over Mizzou

Dec 1, 2010 - 5:37 AM Kansas City, MO (Sports Network) - Jason Clark made three three-pointers in overtime to lift the 16th-ranked Georgetown Hoyas over the ninth-ranked Missouri Tigers, 111-102, in a non-conference clash at the Sprint Center.

Clark ended with 26 points and six rebounds for the Hoyas (7-0), who sent the game into overtime with a three-pointer from Chris Wright with 0.3 seconds remaining. Wright finished with 21 points and 10 assists.

Austin Freeman made 6-of-11 three-pointers en route to 31 points for Georgetown, which made 15-of-32 shots from beyond the arc.

Marcus Denmon had 27 points and six rebounds to pace the Tigers (5-1), who went 7-of-18 from three-point range. Ricardo Ratliffe chipped in with 22 points and seven boards, while Michael Dixon donated 17 points in defeat.

"It's tough. We were out there trying to do what we were supposed to, as far as keeping people in front of us, but I guess everybody gets a night like they got tonight," Dixon said. "Every time I looked up, it was just going in. I don't really know how to explain it but I guess we just didn't pressure the ball as much as we could, but it just felt like they made every shot."

The Tigers scored the first four points of the second half to cut the gap to 54-51.

Trailing by three, 75-72, with 9 1/2 minutes to play, Missouri surged in front with a 13-5 run. Denmon tallied five points during the burst, which Kim English capped with a layup for an 85-80 margin with 4:26 to go.

Freeman's three-point play and layup quickly tied things up. Laurence Bowers' layup gave the Tigers an 89-87 lead with 1:19 remaining. After Clark had a jumper blocked, Denmon made a layup to make it a four-point game with 44.3 seconds left.

Clark missed another three-pointer on the ensuing Hoyas possession, but Henry Sims grabbed an offensive rebound and made a layup to cut the gap to 91-89 with 29.2 ticks to go.

Dixon made two free throws to make it a four-point contest again. However, Bowers missed two key foul shots following Wright's missed jumper.

Wright made two foul shots prior to Dixon going 1-of-2 from the charity stripe with 14.1 seconds remaining.

Hollis Thompson's shot from beyond the arc was off the mark at the other end. English was unable to control the defensive rebound as he fell out of bounds. Georgetown then kicked the ball out to Wright for the game-tying trey with three-tenths of a second showing.

"It surprised me because two guys ran up on me when I was dribbling up the court," Wright said. "I was just trying to find an open man. I trusted that anybody that shot the ball was going to make the shot in. I tried a tough shot. Jason does what he does and just ran for the rebound and kicked it up to me. I felt like it was going in and so I just kept my hand high and just released it."

With the score tied at 98-98 in OT, Clark made a pair of three-pointers around Dixon's turnover to give the Hoyas a 104-98 lead with 2:14 to go.

Following an English slam, Clark made another trey to make it a 107-100 contest with 1:18 left. Georgetown made its free throws down the stretch to seal the victory.

"Like Chris said he had confidence in anybody that was going to take the shot. He found me wherever I was and I was wide open," Clark said. "They played good defense, but you have to find the gaps and he found me in the gaps and I was able to take the shots."

The Hoyas put together a 26-8 run to snap a tie and create some distance. Clark hit a jumper then Thompson drained a trey to get the burst underway, Freeman connected on two from long distance and made a layup with under nine minutes left. Julian Vaughn's two from the charity stripe then made it a 35-17 game.

Another Freeman trey had Georgetown ahead 47-34 with over four minutes left in the half, but Missouri chipped away at its deficit and trailed by just seven, 54-47, at the break.

Game Notes

Georgetown won the only previous meeting with Missouri, that coming in a 63-51 decision in Washington, D.C. on February 20, 1982...The Hoyas are 5-2 all-time against teams from the Big 12...Missouri was looking to move to 6-0 under Mike Anderson for the second time during his tenure in Columbia...English and Bowers ended with 11 and 10 points, respectively.