Mizzou gives Anderson 100th win with rout of Northern IllinoisDec 28, 2010 - 5:29 AM Columbia, MO (Sports Network) - Marcus Denmon led a balanced attack with 24 points, as the 10th-ranked Missouri Tigers annihilated the Northern Illinois Huskies, 97-61, at Mizzou Arena.
Matt Pressey added 18 points and five rebounds in Mike Anderson's 100th victory as head coach of the Tigers (12-1), who have won seven in a row. Anderson has compiled a 100-47 record since coming to Missouri in March 2006.
Laurence Bowers donated 16 points and five assists for the Tigers, who got 14 points and seven boards from Ricardo Ratliffe.
"Well how about that. I tell you what, that's a tribute to our coaching staff and our players," Anderson said of his 100th victory. "Those guys came in taking this coach at his word. That's a tribute to those guys and their hard work, and getting the right guys. I feel proud of those guys, and in this business here, you got to be thankful."
Tim Toler finished with 13 points and seven rebounds for the Huskies (3-7), who have lost three straight games. Xavier Silas and Jeremy Landers each chipped in with eight points.
Missouri was in complete control from the start. The Tigers opened the game on a 17-0 run. Ratliffe had six of those points, including two free throws to cap the surge with 15:55 left.
Silas scored the first five points of the contest for the Huskies, but they already trailed 21-5 at that point.
The rout was on there from there, as Missouri shot 65.7 percent from the field in the first half for a 57-17 advantage. Northern Illinois made just 23.1 percent of its shots.
The Tigers cruised to victory in the second half.
This was the first-ever meeting between the two teams...Missouri shot 56.9 percent from the floor, while Northern Illinois made just 31.8 percent of its shots...Anderson is the fastest coach in Mizzou history to reach 100 wins, needing just 147 games to do so...Mizzou is now 12-1 for the first time since the 1989-90 season in which it opened winning 21 of its first 22 games...The win extends Mizzou's non-conference home winning streak to 55 straight games, which is a school record.
- NORTHERN ILLINOIS: 61
Dec 27 9:59 PM
- NORTHERN ILLINOIS: 17
Dec 27 8:52 PM
- NORTHERN ILLINOIS: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 27 8:05 PM
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18
- No. 18 Arkansas plays host to Missouri Feb 18
- Kentucky tops Missouri Jan 30