Pullen returns to help K-State rollJan 4, 2011 - 3:56 AM Manhattan, KS (Sports Network) - Senior guard Jacob Pullen scored 24 points and dished out five assists in his return to the lineup, as the 17th-ranked Kansas State Wildcats handled the Savannah State Tigers, 92-61.
Pullen was suspended for three games by the school for a secondary violation of NCAA rules. Fellow senior Curtis Kelly and Pullen received impermissible benefits on the purchase of clothing at a Manhattan department store. Kelly received a six-game ban for his actions.
Rodney McGruder added 15 points and six rebounds for the Wildcats (12-3), who have won three in a row since a two-game skid. Wally Judge donated 13 points and 14 boards, while Jamar Samuels tallied 11 points for the victors.
Preston Blackmon finished with 19 points for the Tigers (2-15), who fell to 0-12 in true road games this season. Jovonni Shuler added 15 points and seven rebounds.
The Tigers were able to hang around in the early going, and tied the game at 18-18 on two Cedric Smith free throws with 11:15 left.
Kansas State took control with an ensuing 16-5 run. Pullen tallied nine points during the spurt, including a three-pointer to give the Wildcats a 34-23 edge with 5:24 remaining in the first half.
Victor Ojeleye and Pullen each made layups prior to the break to give Kansas State a 46-35 margin.
Holding a 56-45 lead with 15:39 to play, the Wildcats put the game away with an 18-5 run. McGruder's jumper and three-pointer sparked the burst that Nick Russell capped with a three-point play for a 74-50 advantage with 10:45 left.
The Wildcats lead the all-time series with Savannah State, 3-0...Kansas State shot 47 percent from the field, while the Tigers made 38.5 percent of their shots...The Wildcats went 9-of-18 from three-point range...Kansas State has won 32 straight non-conference games at Bramlage Coliseum.
- SAVANNAH STATE: 61
KANSAS STATE: 92
Jan 3 10:12 PM
- SAVANNAH STATE: 35
KANSAS STATE: 46
Jan 3 9:04 PM
- SAVANNAH STATE: 0
KANSAS STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 3 8:11 PM
- Kansas State freshman Freeman transferring to Florida juco Apr 12
- New-look Wildcats have same lofty expectations this season Oct 28
- Kansas State at a glance Oct 28
- K-State's Foster dismissed from basketball program Mar 24
- Iwundu, Kansas State upset No. 12 Iowa State Mar 1
- Wildcats play host to 12th-ranked Cyclones Feb 28
- K-State AD offers apology after court storming Feb 24
- K-State topples No. 8 Kansas Feb 24
- Sunflower State showdown pits Jayhawks against Wildcats Feb 23
- Baylor pulls away from Kansas State Feb 21
- Kansas State comes calling on No. 20 Baylor Feb 21
- K-State tops OU to snap 5-game losing skid Feb 15