Arizona sends ASU to eighth straight lossFeb 14, 2011 - 6:09 AM Tempe, AZ (Sports Network) - Kyle Fogg made six three-pointers en route to 26 points, as the 15th-ranked Arizona Wildcats dominated the Arizona State Sun Devils, 67-52.
Derrick Williams added 11 points and five rebounds for the Wildcats (21-4, 10-2 Pac-10), who have won six in a row. Jesse Perry chipped in with 10 points and seven boards.
"It felt great, you know, just felt like I shot better," Fogg said. "I've been in the gym all week, it felt good to have a week you know off to just practice hard and get in the gym every night and I did that and I felt good out there today."
Jamelle McMillan finished with 12 points and five assists for the Sun Devils (9-15, 1-11), who dropped their eight straight. Trent Lockett added 10 points in defeat.
Arizona State kept it close early and actually held a 15-13 lead with 13:14 left in the first half. But Arizona scored the next seven points and never looked back.
Williams' three-point play and Kevin Parrom's trey with 8:13 left made it a 28-18 game. It was 34-24 at the half.
The Sun Devils never got closer than nine in the second half.
"We had energy early, we able to get into our stuff dropped screening early, but you need to have carry over and we have to put two halves together," McMillan said. "They did a great job adjusting, they started following really tight running the soft shots and we were not getting the same looks in the second half so you have to credit them."
The Wildcats hold a comfortable 141-79 lead over the Sun Devils in the all- time series...Arizona went 18-of-21 from the foul line, while Arizona State went 8-of-14 from the charity stripe...Parrom had four points and eight rebounds.
- ARIZONA: 67
ARIZONA STATE: 52
Feb 13 11:07 PM
- ARIZONA: 34
ARIZONA STATE: 24
Feb 13 9:56 PM
- ARIZONA: 0
ARIZONA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 13 9:09 PM
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- Freshman Trier to miss up to 6 weeks for No. 7 Arizona Jan 10