No. 16 BYU eases past Fresno PacificJan 2, 2011 - 9:06 AM Provo, UT (Sports Network) - Stephen Rogers led a balanced attack with a career-high 16 points, as 16th-ranked BYU pounded Fresno Pacific, 93-57, at the Marriott Center.
Noah Hartsock added 14 points, Jimmer Fredette 13 and Jackson Emery 12 for the Cougars (14-1), who won their fourth in a row. Chris Collinsworth ended with 11 points and his brother, Kyle, scored 10 in the win.
Jerante Morgan scored 25 for the Sunbirds (10-3), who are members of the Golden State Athletic Conference at the NAIA level.
This was the second Division I opponent in as many days for the Sunbirds, who fell 75-67 in overtime to UC Santa Barbara. That game and the one on New Year's night were both considered exhibitions for the Sunbirds.
Adam Kado's jumper cut BYU's advantage to 31-24 with four minutes left in the opening half, but the Cougars scored the ensuing 18 points, expanding into the second half to take control. A dunk by Charles Abouo in the closing second of the half made it 44-24 and a three-ball from Kyle Collinsworth capped the spurt.
BYU coasted the rest of the way.
BYU will open Mountain West Conference play on Wednesday when the Cougars play at UNLV...This was the first meeting between the schools...The Cougars ended 12-of-30 from three-point range and shot 50 percent overall...Fresno Pacific was 4-of-23 from beyond the arc...BYU's bench outscored its Fresno Pacific counterparts 24-0 in the first half and 49-10 for the game.
- FRESNO PACIFIC: 57
Jan 1 10:40 PM
- FRESNO PACIFIC: 24
Jan 1 9:43 PM
- FRESNO PACIFIC: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 1 9:06 PM
- BYU freshman phenom Emery having record-setting season Feb 26
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- BYU guard Nick Emery suspended 1 game for punching opponent Dec 3
- BYU's Kyle Collinsworth relishes Mr. Triple-Double title Dec 3
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Ole Miss surges back to beat BYU in Dayton Mar 18
- BYU and Ole Miss meet in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 17
- No. 7 Gonzaga beats BYU to win 14th WCC title Mar 11
- Bulldogs and Cougars collide in WCC title game Mar 10
- BYU ends No. 3 Gonzaga's 41-game home win streak Mar 1