No. 25 Aggies beat Montana-Western by 34Feb 17, 2011 - 7:16 AM Logan, UT (Sports Network) - Tai Wesley and Brian Green scored 20 points apiece, leading No. 25 Utah State to a 100-66 thrashing of Montana-Western.
Nate Bendall added 15 points and Brady Jardine scored 11 as the Aggies (24-3) took a late-season break from conference play.
Having little trouble with an NAIA opponent, Utah State pushed its home winning streak to 30 games -- including 15 in a row against teams outside the Western Athletic Conference.
Cody Thueringer scored 17 points to lead Montana-Western, hitting 5-of-10 from three-point range, and Brandon Brown chipped in 11.
The Bulldogs, 19-7 on the season, counted the game as an exhibition and not part of their official schedule.
Wesley scored 14 of his 20 points in the first half and Utah State shot nearly 59 percent from the field to build a 44-25 lead heading into the locker room.
The start of the second half was delayed 45 minutes after a backboard was shattered during warmups.
Following the wait, the Aggies opened the half on a 9-2 run that was halted by back-to-back three-pointers from Thueringer, getting Montana-Western within 20.
Thueringer buried two more threes in the next couple of minutes and the Bulldogs kept their deficit in the 20-point range for a while before the game started to get out of hand around the midway point of the half.
Utah State went ahead by as many as 38 points when an E.J. Farris layup made it 97-59 with 2:21 remaining.
The Aggies shot 57 percent for the game, while Montana-Western shot 37 percent...Utah State leads the all-time series 2-0...The Aggies have won two games in a row and are a perfect 16-0 at home this season. Overall, they have won 82 of their last 84 home games...Utah State's 24-3 record is the third- best start to a season in school history, trailing the 2003-04 and 2008-09 teams that went 25-2.
- MONTANA WESTERN: 66
UTAH STATE: 100
Feb 16 11:22 PM
- MONTANA WESTERN: 25
UTAH STATE: 44
Feb 16 9:43 PM
- MONTANA WESTERN: 0
UTAH STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 16 9:06 PM
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13
- Aztecs and Aggies square off in MWC quarterfinals Mar 13
- New Mexico pulls away from Utah State Feb 26
- Surging Lobos take on slumping Aggies Feb 25
- Shrigley and Aztecs thump Aggies Feb 19
- Aggies and Aztecs mix it up in Mountain West melee Feb 18
- Thames, Aztecs edge Aggies in OT Jan 26
- Aztecs hope to continue hot streak in clash with Aggies Jan 25
- Utah State suspends leading scorer Shaw Dec 16