Nash powers Cowboys past TCUFeb 28, 2013 - 4:42 AM Fort Worth, TX (Sports Network) - Le'Bryan Nash scored a game-high 28 points to lead No. 15 Oklahoma State to a 64-47 win over TCU on Wednesday.
Nash finished 12-for-16 shooting and also had six rebounds and two assists.
Marcus Smart scored nine points and Markel Brown added seven points and five boards for the Cowboys (21-6, 11-4 Big 12), who have won nine of their last 10 games.
"We're glad to get a road win. It's good to come out and get a win, but I thought we just played in a lot of spurts," said Cowboys head coach Travis Ford. "We didn't execute consistently the way I wanted, but you've got to give TCU a lot of credit. They did a wonderful job of controlling the pace of the game."
Kyan Anderson scored 15 points and Devonta Abron scored 12 points and pulled down nine rebounds for the Horned Frogs (10-18, 1-14), who have dropped six straight since knocking off then fifth-ranked Kansas on Feb. 6.
TCU managed to keep it close early in the first half, trailing just 14-10 at the 11:54 mark following Connell Crossland's layup, however Nash and Smart spearheaded a 6-2 flurry to give the Cowboys a 20-12 lead just under two minutes later.
Anderson scored five straight points to pull the Horned Frogs within 20-17 with 8:04 left, but Oklahoma State countered with an 11-6 surge to go up 31-23 with 1:53 left in the first half, and the Cowboys held a 38-24 advantage at the break.
"There was a five-minute period there right before the half, we made a substitution to get Kyan (Anderson) out with Chris Zurcher and Clyde (Smith III)," TCU coach Trent Johnson said. "You know what, Marcus Smart being the player he is took advantage of it and hit mid-range jump shot. Before you knew it, it was an 8-1 run. That's a credit to Oklahoma State."
The Cowboys opened the second half with a 6-0 run to push its lead to 44-24. TCU battled back and cut the deficit to 14 points following Nate Butler Lind's dunk with just over nine minutes left, but the Horned Frogs never came any closer.
Oklahoma State shot 55.1 percent (27-for-49) while holding TCU to just 27.3 percent (15-for-55) efficiency ... The Cowboys hold a 19-2 advantage in the all-time series ... Oklahoma State outscored TCU 36-12 in the paint.
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 64
TEXAS CHRISTIAN: 47
Feb 27 8:50 PM
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 38
TEXAS CHRISTIAN: 24
Feb 27 7:44 PM
- OKLAHOMA STATE: 0
TEXAS CHRISTIAN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 27 7:04 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11
- Oklahoma State G Forte out with arm injury vs George Mason Nov 20
- Oklahoma State at a glance Oct 28
- Oklahoma State G Evans has star potential Oct 28
- Young advances Oregon past Oklahoma State Mar 20