No. 15 Oklahoma State handles TexasMar 3, 2013 - 6:50 AM Oklahoma State to a 78-65 win over Texas on Saturday.
Brown shot 4-of-9 from the field and was a perfect 9-of-9 at the free throw line for the Cowboys (22-6, 12-4 Big 12), who have won three straight games. Le'Bryan Nash added 16 points, Phil Forte recorded 14 points off the bench, and Marcus Smart had 11 points, six rebounds and four steals.
"I don't think anyone cares who gets the share of the game at the moment," Brown said of his team's balanced attack. "We just go out there, play hard, try to make plays for each other and just try to win."
Julien Lewis and Jayan Felix scored 15 and 13 points, respectively, off the bench for the Longhorns (13-16, 5-11), who were coming off a 92-86 overtime victory over Oklahoma on Wednesday. None of Texas' starters scored double- digits.
Down 31-29 with 1:13 left in the first half, Oklahoma State closed out the period on an 8-0 run. Smart scored five points during the spurt to give the Cowboys a 37-31 advantage at the break.
Smart was not done though, as he fired a jumper in the first 30 seconds of the second half to start a 10-2 run and extended the Cowboys' lead to 47-33.
Texas never got closer than 10 the rest of the way.
Oklahoma State was efficient in the second half, shooting 58.3 percent while limiting Texas to 35.3 percent from the field.
"I think Oklahoma State is a good defensive team, but we didn't move the ball and do the things that we wanted to do," Texas coach Rick Barnes said. "We didn't get the player movement that we wanted and they changed defenses to where we couldn't do what we wanted to do."
Brown became the 37th player in school history to score 1,000 career points ... Oklahoma State swept Texas in the regular-season series for the first time since 2003-04.
- TEXAS: 65
OKLAHOMA STATE: 78
Mar 2 6:12 PM
- TEXAS: 31
OKLAHOMA STATE: 37
Mar 2 4:55 PM
- TEXAS: 0
OKLAHOMA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 2 4:08 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Texas guard Isaiah Taylor skipping senior year for NBA Apr 21
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Jesperson's halfcourt shot puts Northern Iowa past Texas Mar 19
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- First-year Texas coach Smart no longer the underdog Mar 17
- Texas hoping Shaka Smart can spark tournament success Mar 16
- Texas' Ridley closer to return, status for Big 12 unclear Mar 7
- Texas Western returns to scene of '66 NCAA win over Kentucky Feb 13
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold Feb 12
- UTEP honors Texas Western's historic title 50 years later Feb 6