Memphis routs UCF for 15th straight winFeb 14, 2013 - 4:17 AM Memphis, TN (Sports Network) - Joe Jackson led five Memphis players in double- digit scoring with 21 points on 10-of-12 shooting, while matching his career high with 10 assists as the 22nd-ranked Tigers continued to roll with a 93-71 rout of the UCF Knights.
Geron Johnson filled the stat sheet with 19 points, nine rebounds and eight assists for Memphis (21-3, 10-0 C-USA), which notched its 15th straight win.
Adonis Thomas scored 17 points, while Chris Crawford and D.J Stephens contributed 10 points apiece.
"Those players were fantastic. I'm really proud of them," said Memphis head coach Josh Pastner. "It was just terrific. Just a high level game."
Isaiah Sykes paced the Knights (17-7, 7-3) with 17 points, but committed half of the team's 18 turnovers.
Memphis led by only six, 42-36, at halftime after both clubs shot over 50 percent for the period. The Knights were unable to keep up with the Tigers in the second half, however, falling behind by as many as 34 points.
The Tigers shot a sizzling a 64.5 percent (20-of-31) following the break, while UCF connected on only 42.9 percent of its shots.
"In the second half when we got down, we tried to go one-on-one too much," said UCF head coach Donnie Jones. "We turned it over, and didn't make plays and they got second shots."
Memphis posted its eighth consecutive double-digit winning season in Conference USA and 15th overall ... Daiquan Walker and Tristan Spurlock scored 14 and 11 points, respectively, for UCF ... Memphis improved to 13-1 all-time against the Knights.
- CENTRAL FLORIDA: 71
Feb 13 10:07 PM
- CENTRAL FLORIDA: 36
Feb 13 8:54 PM
- CENTRAL FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 13 8:06 PM
- Tubby Smith adds 4 assistants to his Memphis coaching staff May 10
- Memphis hires Tubby Smith as Tigers' new basketball coach Apr 14
- UCF introduces Johnny Dawkins as new men's basketball coach Mar 24
- UCF hires Johnny Dawkins as next men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Memphis reviewing possible AD, coach conflict of interest Mar 22
- Josh Pastner to stay at Memphis despite missing NCAAs again Mar 18
- UCF fires coach Donnie Jones following loss in AAC tourney Mar 11
- American Athletic Conference suspends Memphis' Shaq Goodwin Jan 5
- UCF's Taylor to miss remainder of season with leg injury Dec 23
- NCAA clears UCF 7-foot-6 recruit Tacko Fall to play Nov 13
- UCF files for academic waiver for 7-6 recruit Tacko Fall Nov 12
- Eligibility of 7-foot-6 UCF recruit in doubt as season nears Nov 10