Gators bounce back, blast LSU in SEC quartersMar 16, 2013 - 5:07 AM Florida's 80-58 rout of LSU in the quarterfinals of the SEC Tournament.
The top-seeded Gators (25-6) had lost three of their last six games -- all by six points or less -- coming in.
Murphy was 11-of-15 from the floor and 5-of-7 from beyond the arc.
"Shots were falling today, so it always feels good," Murphy said.
Charles Carmouche netted 14 points to lead the Tigers (19-12), who downed Georgia in the first round.
"Florida did exactly what they needed to do and the type of team that they are, I think you have to be at your best," LSU head coach Johnny Jones said.
Scottie Wilbekin added 16 points for Florida, which will play Alabama in Saturday's semifinals.
Carmouche's 3-pointer pulled LSU within 18-17 midway through the opening half, but Florida netted the next nine points to open up a double-digit advantage. Wilbekin had five points during the surge and capped it with a triple for a 27-17 UF lead.
The Gators took a 43-28 lead into the break and broke the game wide open in the second half as they began the final 20 minutes on a 30-10 swing.
Wilbekin nailed three triples and Murphy tallied 12 points during the burst, which vaulted Florida to a 73-38 cushion with 8:35 left.
The Gators cruised the rest of the way.
UF's leading scorer Kenny Boynton finished with just two points on 1-of-7 from the floor ... Florida shot 50.9 percent (29-of-57) from the floor and 55 percent (11-of-20) from beyond the arc.
- LSU: 58
Mar 15 3:03 PM
- LSU: 28
Mar 15 1:49 PM
- LSU: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 15 1:03 PM
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7