Kilpatrick, Jackson lead Cincy to 11th straight winJan 24, 2014 - 6:06 AM Cincinnati, OH (SportsNetwork.com) - Sean Kilpatrick had 19 points, Justin Jackson scored 12 while tying his career high with seven blocks and No. 15 Cincinnati topped UCF, 69-51, at Fifth Third Arena.
Jackson added four steals and three assists in the Bearcats' (18-2, 7-0 AAC) 11th straight win. Jermaine Sanders supplied 10 points for Cincinnati, which has won 16 consecutive home games.
Calvin Newell paced UCF (9-8, 1-5) with 12 points.
"I thought we fought hard," said UCF head coach Donnie Jones. "We have to handle the ball better."
The Knights, who got 11 points from Staphon Blair, have dropped four games in a row.
Ahead by only three at halftime, the Bearcats opened the second half on a 25-8 run to seize firm control. The surge covered nearly the first 10 minutes and ended with Cincinnati in possession of a 55-35 lead.
UCF could only get within 13 as the Bearcats limited a 27th consecutive opponent to fewer than 70 points, the longest active streak in the nation.
Cincinnati shot 47.2 percent and held UCF to 38.5 percent shooting.
The Knights were up four in the first half, but Cincinnati ran off nine straight points to take an 18-13 lead with about nine minutes remaining.
A Jackson jumper made it 27-18 before UCF fought back to trim its deficit to 30-27 at the break.
"I thought we got a little sloppy in the first half and we've got to continue to improve and get hungry to play great collectively and individually for 40 minutes to get where we want to go and accomplish what we want to accomplish," said Cincinnati head coach Mick Cronin.
Kilpatrick became the fifth player in school history to score 1,800 points ... Cincinnati is 7-0 in league play for the first time since an 8-0 start in Conference USA action in 2001-02 ... The Bearcats won the only previous meeting between these teams, 62-48, in Orlando on Dec. 30, 1983 ... The Knights made only 6-of-17 free throws.
- CENTRAL FLORIDA: 51
Jan 23 11:13 PM
- CENTRAL FLORIDA: 27
Jan 23 9:59 PM
- CENTRAL FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 23 9:13 PM
- Cincinnati says Mick Cronin is staying after talks with UNLV Mar 25
- UCF introduces Johnny Dawkins as new men's basketball coach Mar 24
- UCF hires Johnny Dawkins as next men's basketball coach Mar 23
- A late dunk, a last-second 3 add to Cincinnati's heartbreak Mar 21
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- UCF fires coach Donnie Jones following loss in AAC tourney Mar 11
- UCF's Taylor to miss remainder of season with leg injury Dec 23
- Cincinnati routs Robert Morris 106-44 Nov 15
- NCAA clears UCF 7-foot-6 recruit Tacko Fall to play Nov 13
- UCF files for academic waiver for 7-6 recruit Tacko Fall Nov 12
- Eligibility of 7-foot-6 UCF recruit in doubt as season nears Nov 10
- Still-unbeaten Kentucky grinds out win over Cincinnati Mar 21