No. 25 Kansas State cruises past TCUJan 8, 2014 - 6:40 AM Forth Worth, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - Thomas Gipson supplied 19 points and eight rebounds as the 25th-ranked Kansas State Wildcats defeated the TCU Horned Frogs, 65-47, in a Big 12 matchup at Daniel-Meyer Coliseum.
Marcus Foster contributed 16 points on 4-of-6 shooting from beyond the arc, while Shane Southwell added seven points and six rebounds for the Wildcats (12-3, 2-0 Big 12), who have won 10 straight.
"It was a hard fought game," KSU head coach Bruce Weber said. "Now we obviously go into a little tougher environment at Kansas on Saturday."
Amric Fields paced the Horned Frogs (9-5, 0-2) with 14 points, while Kyan Anderson had 12 points in TCU's second straight loss.
Kansas State went on an 8-0 run that contained a three from Jevon Thomas nearly nine minutes into the contest to put the Wildcats up by six, but Fields responded with a three of his own with 8:35 remaining in the first half to pulled the Frogs within 13-10.
Gipson and Wesley Iwundu had back-to-back dunks amidst a 7-0 run to put the Wildcats up 20-10 with 5:43 left in the opening frame.
After Charles Hill Jr. made a triple for TCU, Gipson added four points in a 6-0 run to put the Wildcats up 31-17 with under two minutes to go in the half.
Kansas State took a 31-21 lead into the break.
Brandon Parrish made a jumper at 13:54 to cap off a 10-2 run for TCU that got the Horned Frogs within three, 36-33.
Foster drained two triples in a 10-2 run that ended with a Gipson dunk at 3:05 to make it 57-42 in favor of Kansas State.
Will Spradling hit a 3 with 49 seconds left during an 8-3 run to help close out the game for the Wildcats.
"I thought our body language showed that we had stopped competing. It was real disappointing, so from now on, our job is to compete," TCU head coach Trent Johnson said.
The last time Kansas State won 10 straight games was from Nov. 22, 2009 to Jan. 3, 2010 ... Anderson has now scored in double figures in eight straight games ... Kansas State leads the all-time series 6-2 and has won all three contests in Fort Worth.
- KANSAS STATE: 65
TEXAS CHRISTIAN: 47
Jan 7 10:01 PM
- KANSAS STATE: 31
TEXAS CHRISTIAN: 21
Jan 7 8:51 PM
- KANSAS STATE: 0
TEXAS CHRISTIAN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 7 8:05 PM
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Kansas State freshman Freeman transferring to Florida juco Apr 12
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- New-look Wildcats have same lofty expectations this season Oct 28
- Kansas State at a glance Oct 28
- K-State's Foster dismissed from basketball program Mar 24
- No. 9 Kansas squeaks past TCU Mar 12
- TCU faces tall task in Big 12 tourney tilt against Kansas Mar 12
- Morris, Niang power Iowa State past TCU Mar 8
- Cyclones battle Horned Frogs in regular-season finale Mar 7
- Iwundu, Kansas State upset No. 12 Iowa State Mar 1