Hilliard, No. 6 Villanova rout DePaulFeb 13, 2014 - 4:01 AM Rosemont, IL (SportsNetwork.com) - Darrun Hilliard poured in 22 points, Villanova hit 15 3-pointers and the sixth-ranked Wildcats routed DePaul, 87-62, in a Big East clash from Allstate Arena.
Hilliard connected on 5-of-7 from distance, while Ryan Arcidiacono hit all four of his tries from the arc for 14 points and a game-high six assists. James Bell posted 16 points, JayVaughn Pinkston had 14 and 11 rebounds and Kris Jenkins scored 11 off the bench in Villanova's (22-2, 10-1 Big East) sixth straight victory.
Brandon Young deposited a game-high 27 points for DePaul (10-15, 2-10), which sits in a tie with Butler on the bottom of the Big East standings and hasn't won since Jan. 14.
Villanova led 26-22 midway through the first half when Bell's 3 sparked an 11-0 surge. Young countered with five straight points to cut Nova's lead to 37-27, but Arcidiacono silenced the crowd with another trey.
The Wildcats closed the half on an 11-4 run and owned a commanding 48-31 advantage at the break. Eight different Nova players scored over the first 20 minutes.
Nova scored the first six points of the second half to end any thoughts of a comeback. Hilliard's 3-pointer before the first media timeout extended it to 61-34.
Villanova has won 11 of 12 ... This was the first of three straight road tests for the Wildcats ... Nova shot 18-of-20 from the free throw line ... DePaul played its first game since leading scorer Cleveland Melvin left the university.
- VILLANOVA: 87
Feb 12 10:08 PM
- VILLANOVA: 48
Feb 12 8:53 PM
- VILLANOVA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 12 8:06 PM
- Villanova's buzzer-beater Jenkins to stay for senior season May 3
- Villanova receives $22.6 million gift for arena renovation Apr 20
- National champion Wildcats bask in celebratory perks Apr 12
- Philadelphia cheers NCAA champs Villanova with parade Apr 8
- Classes off, party on: a Philly bash for champion Villanova Apr 6
- Oklahoma and Villanova face the shooting woes of NRG Stadium Apr 2
- 'Nova looks to show growth since 1st game against Oklahoma Mar 31
- Top-seeded Kansas, No. 2 Villanova set for Elite 8 showdown Mar 25
- Friendship will take a backseat in Villanova-Miami matchup Mar 23
- Villanova-Iowa bound to end a Sweet 16 drought, but just 1 Mar 19
- Villanova trying to put early NCAA losses in past Mar 17
- Villanova finds March failures trump Big East title triumphs Mar 14