Iowa routs MinnesotaJan 20, 2014 - 12:40 AM Iowa City, IA (SportsNetwork.com) - Aaron White had 18 points, Roy Devyn Marble added 16 and No. 14 Iowa routed Minnesota, 94-73, on Sunday afternoon.
Josh Oglesby tallied 17 points off the bench for the Hawkeyes (15-3, 4-1 Big Ten), who have won three in a row.
"Now, when he's hitting, now he's a superstar. But if he is not making shots, he is still an incredibly effective player, and that's why he was on the floor at the end of the game," Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery said of Oglesby.
Andre Hollins netted 20 points to lead Minnesota (14-5, 3-3), which has dropped two of its last three tilts.
Hollins had five points during a 14-1 run that staked Minnesota a 43-33 lead late in the opening half, but Iowa netted eight points in the final 1:06 of the stanza to whittle the gap to 43-41 heading into the break.
The Hawkeyes began to pull away over the final 20 minutes.
Marble had nine points during an 11-3 Iowa spurt to start the half, which was capped when he nailed back-to-back triples for a 52-46 cushion.
That margin was stretched to 12 after Jarrod Uthoff made a layup a little before the midway point of the second half and reached as high as 22 in the final minutes.
Iowa shot 49.2 percent (29-of-59) from the field ... The Hawkeyes outrebounded the Golden Gophers, 40-33 ... Austin Hollins had 13 points, eight rebounds and five steals for Minnesota.
- MINNESOTA: 73
Jan 19 3:07 PM
- MINNESOTA: 43
Jan 19 1:50 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 19 1:01 PM
- Peter Jok to return to Iowa for senior season May 20
- Under-pressure Pitino: 'We've got to get this right' May 12
- Audit finds overspending on travel by Gophers' coach May 11
- Prosecutor delays charging decision against Minnesota player May 10
- Minnesota: Basketball player arrested on sex assault charge May 8
- Guard Akeem Springs joins Minnesota as graduate transfer Apr 19
- Iowa puts walk-on Nicholas Baer on scholarship Apr 7
- Minnesota guard to transfer after sex video suspension Apr 4
- Iowa guard Andrew Fleming to transfer Mar 31
- 3 Minnesota players suspended for video are reinstated Mar 29
- Iowa's promising season ends in disappointment Mar 21
- Villanova-Iowa bound to end a Sweet 16 drought, but just 1 Mar 19