Michigan keeps rolling, downs PurdueJan 31, 2014 - 6:57 AM Ann Arbor, MI (SportsNetwork.com) - Nik Stauskas scored 16 points to lead No. 10 Michigan to a 75-66 win over Purdue on Thursday.
Derrick Walton Jr. and Caris Levert added 14 points apiece, while the latter added a career-high 11 rebounds for the Wolverines (16-4, 8-0 Big Ten), who have won 10 straight and haven't lost in 2014. Jordan Morgan contributed 11 points and six boards.
"We're pleased that we could keep our head above water tonight," said Michigan head coach John Beilein, whose club overcame 16 turnovers. "We're thrilled to get the victory."
A.J. Hammons totaled 16 points and eight rebounds for Purdue (13-8, 3-5), which has lost its last three. Bryson Scott and Ronnie Johnson added 12 and 11 points, respectively.
Michigan led 16-6 with 12 minutes remaining in the first half, but the Boilermakers went on a 13-2 burst to take the lead with 8:24 on the clock. The Wolverines responded and closed the half as they scored on eight of their last nine possessions.
The Boilermakers trailed 37-29 at the half.
A layup from Terone Johnson two minutes into the second half brought Purdue within six, but a three-point play by Levert sparked an 11-4 run to put the Wolverines ahead by 15, 56-41, with just under 13 minutes remaining.
Michigan maintained a lead of at least eight points through the rest of the contest.
Kendall Stephens moved passed Robbie Hummel for third all-time with 43 3- pointers's made by a Purdue freshman ... The Wolverines have won 22 straight and 48 of 49 home games against unranked foes, with the lone loss coming against Purdue on Feb. 25, 2012 ... Purdue has lost 13 straight games against top 10-ranked teams ... Purdue went 28-for-65 from the field, while Michigan connected on 28-of-46 of its field goals.
- PURDUE: 66
Jan 30 11:02 PM
- PURDUE: 29
Jan 30 9:57 PM
- PURDUE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 30 9:09 PM
- Former Michigan guard formally joins Purdue program May 17
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Purdue's Edwards declares for NBA draft without agent Apr 5
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Purdue's Kendall Stephens plans to explore transferring Mar 31
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Boilermakers forward Caleb Swanigan plans to test NBA draft Mar 22
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17
- One-hit wonder? Little Rock hopes to keep turnaround going Mar 16