Frazier, Florida roll past TennesseeJan 26, 2014 - 6:15 AM Gainesville, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - Michael Frazier II scored 17 points and Scottie Wilbekin added 13 as No. 6 Florida cruised to a 67-41 dismantling of Tennessee on Saturday.
Casey Prather added 12 points and Patric Young finished with 10 for the Gators (17-2, 6-0 SEC), winners in 11 straight. Florida has won a school-record 26 straight games at O'Connell Center.
""We had a little chip on our shoulder because they kicked our butts the last three times," Young said.
Jarnell Stokes had 16 points and 10 rebounds and Jeronne Maymon added eight points and seven boards for the Volunteers (12-7, 3-3), who shot a miserable 26.8 percent (15-for-56) from the field, including a woeful 5.3 percent (1- for-19) from 3-point range.
Stokes had the Vols within seven, 28-21, moments into the second half, but a Frazier 3-pointer ignited a 19-3 run that made it 47-24 with 10:49 to go.
Florida continued to pound away at Tennessee, stretching its lead to 32 points after Dorian Finney-Smith canned a triple for a 67-35 lead with 2:40 left.
The Vols scored the final six points of the game to account for the final margin.
The Gators trailed 7-6 early in the first, but opened a 16-8 burst to go up 22-15 before taking a 26-19 lead into the break.
Despite the loss, Tennessee owns a 72-53 lead in the all-time series ... Florida improved to 11-0 at O'Connell Center this season ... The Gators had dropped three straight to the Vols entering the contest ... Florida will visit Mississippi State on Thursday ... Tennessee hosts Ole Miss on Wednesday.
- TENNESSEE: 41
Jan 25 6:03 PM
- TENNESSEE: 19
Jan 25 4:55 PM
- TENNESSEE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 25 4:06 PM
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Forward Lew Evans transferring from Utah State to Tennessee May 12
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Forward Ray Kasongo leaving Tennessee after 1 season Apr 21
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Tennessee optimistic about future after rare losing season Mar 12
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- Tennessee's Kevin Punter Jr. to have season-ending surgery Mar 4