No. 1 Florida routs LSU to win 21st straightMar 2, 2014 - 2:31 AM Gainesville, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - Dorian Finney-Smith scored 16 points and the top-ranked Florida Gators extended their school-record winning streak to 21 games with a 79-61 rout of the LSU Tigers.
Finney-Smith went 4-of-8 from beyond the arc for the Gators (27-2, 16-0 SEC), who have now won 31 consecutive games at home. Casey Prather and Michael Frazier II each had 14 points.
Scottie Wilbekin donated 11 points for Florida, which shot 57.4 percent from the field and went 13-of-23 from beyond the arc.
"If we shoot 3s like that, we'll never lose," Wilbekin said.
Johnny O'Bryant III ended with 18 points and seven rebounds for the Tigers (17-11, 8-8), who have dropped four of six. Jordan Mickey tallied 14 points and 10 boards.
The Gators opened up a 19-7 lead following consecutive 3-pointers from DeVon Walker and Finney-Smith.
Holding a 21-14 lead, Florida made a trio of 3-pointers during an 11-0 run. Finney-Smith capped the surge with a pair of free throws to make it a 32-14 contest with 4:21 left in the first half.
The Gators made nine 3-pointers over the first 20 minutes to grab a 41-25 edge.
"They were hitting on all cylinders," LSU head coach Johnny Jones said. "They were great defensively and made big shots."
Florida led by as many as 29 in the second half.
LSU holds a 60-43 edge in the all-time series with Florida, but the Gators have won six straight over the Tigers ... Florida clinched the SEC regular- season title with Kentucky's loss to Arkansas on Thursday night.
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7