No. 14 Kentucky handles Texas A&MJan 22, 2014 - 6:32 AM Lexington, KY (SportsNetwork.com) - Julius Randle had 13 points and 11 rebounds, Alex Poythress added 16 points and No. 14 Kentucky rolled to a 68-51 win over Texas A&M.
James Young tallied 15 points and seven boards for the Wildcats (14-4, 4-1 SEC), who have won six of their last seven games.
"They didn't shoot it -- they didn't play as well as they've been playing," Kentucky coach John Calipari said of the Aggies.
Alex Caruso and Davonte Fitzgerald netted 12 points apiece to lead Texas A&M (12-6, 3-2), which has dropped two straight on the heels of a four-game winning streak.
"I think their size and their athleticism wore us down," Caruso said. "Our legs got a little tired."
The Wildcats led 34-27 at the break, but began to pull away during the middle stages of the second half.
After two Shawn Smith free throws pulled the Aggies within 48-38 with 10:54 to play, Kentucky netted the next seven points.
Poythress split a pair of free throws after making a layup, Dakari Johnson tipped in his own miss and Young put in an Andrew Harrison misfire to extend the host's cushion to 55-38 with 7:35 left.
The Wildcats led by as many as 21 down the stretch before cruising to the easy win.
Kentucky shot 44 percent (22-of-50) from the floor ... The Aggies were 2-of-8 from beyond the arc and 52.4 percent (11-of-21) from the foul line ... The Wildcats tallied seven blocks.
- TEXAS A&M: 51
Jan 21 11:11 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 27
Jan 21 10:01 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 21 9:20 PM
- Kentucky reserve G/F Charles Matthews requests transfer May 18
- Calipari plans to coach Kentucky 'the rest of my career' May 16
- Calipari: Defense, size will be Kentucky's initial strengths May 11
- Kentucky's Skal Labissiere announces plan to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Kentucky guard Jamal Murray says he will enter NBA draft Apr 1
- No chance for a wild comeback for Aggies in 77-63 loss to OU Mar 25
- Hield, Sooners face former Big 12 foes Aggies in Sweet 16 Mar 24
- Calipari: All eligible Kentucky players to enter NBA draft Mar 23
- House leading the party at Texas A&M into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Kentucky's up-and-down season ends with early tourney exit Mar 20
- Kentucky falters, loses to Indiana 73-67 Mar 19