Dozier leads Memphis to another easy winDec 2, 2006 - 8:14 PM MEMPHIS, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Robert Dozier and Memphis delivered another easy win at the FedExForum.
Dozier scored 19 points to lead a balanced attack as No. 17 Memphis cruised to a 77-59 victory over Manhattan.
With Dozier leading the way, the Tigers (5-1) improved to 3-0 at home, where they have won by an average of 28.6 points.
"There are some things we need to get better at," Memphis coach John Calipari said. "We got the ball right where we wanted to in the zone."
Dozier scored 13 points in the first half, when the Tigers built a commanding 43-26 advantage. They led by double digits the entire second half en route to their third straight win overall.
Dozier made 7-of-11 shots from the field and also grabbed nine rebounds.
Chris Douglas-Roberts added 14 points for the Tigers, who also received 10 apiece from Joey Dorsey, Jeremy Hunt and Willie Kemp.
Memphis made up for a horrible 4-of-22 shooting from 3-point range and a 17-of-32 effort at the free-throw line by converting 26 Manhattan turnovers into 33 points.
"We knew it would be a challenge, and we had too many turnovers," Manhattan coach Barry Rohrssen said. "Memphis is a very impressive team. There is a reason they are ranked No. 14 in the country."
Devon Austin scored 18 points and Darryl Crawford 10 for Manhattan (2-5), which shot just 34 percent (18-of-53) in its fourth straight loss.
The Tigers shot 42 percent (28-of-66) overall and held a 44-37 rebounding advantage.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Tubby Smith adds 4 assistants to his Memphis coaching staff May 10
- Memphis hires Tubby Smith as Tigers' new basketball coach Apr 14
- Memphis reviewing possible AD, coach conflict of interest Mar 22
- Josh Pastner to stay at Memphis despite missing NCAAs again Mar 18
- Manhattan gives Masiello 4-year extension Mar 3
- American Athletic Conference suspends Memphis' Shaq Goodwin Jan 5
- Memphis athletic director Tom Bowen gets 2-year extension Oct 8
- Hampton tops Manhattan, advances to play Kentucky Mar 18
- Hampton and Manhattan open NCAA Tournament Mar 17
- Manhattan pulls away late, bests Iona for MAAC title Mar 9
- Manhattan takes on Iona in MAAC title tilt Mar 9
- Moore leads No. 21 SMU over Memphis Feb 27