Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agentApr 12, 2016 - 6:49 PM SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) Notre Dame's V.J. Beachem announced Tuesday he will enter the NBA draft but won't hire an agent, leaving open the possibility of returning for his senior season.
The 6-foot-8, 200-pound forward finished third on the team in scoring, averaging 12.0 points and 3.9 rebounds. He was at his best in the NCAA Tournament, averaging 17.5 points as the Irish advanced to the Elite Eight for a second straight season.
Coach Mike Brey said he encouraged Beachem to explore the draft, saying it would be ''another step forward in his confidence as a player and as a leader in our program.''
Beachem said in a school news release that Brey suggested he enter the draft.
Point guard Demetrius Jackson previously entered the draft and said he would hire an agent.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior season May 1
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Notre Dame finally finding March success under Brey Mar 23
- ND's Auguste at best in March, shooting 86 percent in NCAAs Mar 22
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17